Download

PLANET EARTH:OUR LOVING HOME Climate Change: A Clarion Call Close to Home - P2/2    
email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code     Download:    WMV (48MB)    MP4(64MB)   MP3(12MB)
Greetings, informed viewers, and welcome to Planet Earth: Our Loving Home. Today, we present the conclusion of a two-part series featuring voices from around the world expressing their concerns and hopes for our one and only planet in light of the climate change crisis facing humanity.

At some point I just realized, well, where are we? There's slavery, and there's mass extinctions, and there's, ocean acidification, and the climate crisis, and all of this mess. I get heartbroken by these things, and I get scared and worried, but I know that that's not effective in terms of taking an attitude towards how to affect a positive change. So I remind myself constantly of the solutions that are actually available to us.

Reduce the usage of plastic. And if possible we recycle plastic. I remember when I was young going to the market, bringing a grocery bag. This is a very good technique. I also encourage planting trees. If we are unable to plant big trees, small trees are also fine. The more trees we plant, the more we help the trees to absorb all the carbon dioxide.

Then, car pooling is a good step. People are cycling now. Whatever garbage we can reuse, will help to save the world from garbage piling up at landfill. Support global warming projects by taking part, by sharing, reading, and learning. Together we spread the information so that the knowledge can be spread to more people.

Practice the vegan diet. It’s one of the campaigns to reduce the impact of global warming so spread it. Try the (vegan) food; (it is) tasty. We help to green the Earth. We can grow an ‘edible garden’ behind our homes, plant vegetables, and herbs. That also helps.

Right now our planet is in peril. It could be the end of life as we know it. I choose life. I choose vegan.

I choose vegan!

My top ways for a greener planet, the first one is eat a plant-based diet.

In France, the stakes of climate change is integrated in all sectors, notably in the agricultural sector and especially in livestock raising.

I think moving towards a vegan diet is absolutely essential. When we look at the inputs that go into raising animals, whether it’s land use, or whether it’s food, the corn and grains that are grown to feed those animals, or water consumption, we cannot continue to live as dependent as we are on meat.

When you look how we keep animals, just to be able to eat them, how we give them no life, totally removed from what is natural to such an animal, that is certainly a reason to say, “That is not the way!” On top of that is eating meat -- when it concerns energy use and in general the use of the Earth – is tremendously more expensive and worse than eating grains or fruit, etc.

This video is about us.

Which direction will humankind take?

I look at myself.

I look at myself.

What is my dream?

What do I want?

What do we want?

When Ping Ping is older, I would like him to have an opportunity to study and live in Australia. I think that having the opportunity to live in different countries, makes you more tolerant, understanding and open minded about other people and their viewpoints. And I hope Ping Ping will have the same opportunity to experience this as I have.

Subsidies

We are subsidizing the eventual cost of all the environmental damage that they are doing. So I think there is little doubt that sometime in the next 50 years there is going to have to be an extremely costly global effort to remedy the causes of climate change, probably water pollution, water shortages, stuff like that, that are driven to a large extent by animal farming. Sooner or later, that bill is going to come due. Basically, the people who are doing the damage are paying nothing for them. It’s like running up a gigantic credit card bill, and then handing it off to your kids to pay it.

The European Union gives a lot of money for advertising (of meat). So what they actually promote is again, more meat consumption, while we have seen how bad it is for the environment, bad for the animals. So this is absurd, wasted money.

I think that the sensible solution is to tax these products, not just meat, but it will get a big price tag based on the environmental damage it does. If that were to happen, the prices would go up a lot and I think that would have a huge effect on people’s behavior.

I think that strategically the only way that you’re going to really make a dent in animal farming is by taking advantage of the fact that you can produce something that’s nutritionally equivalent to the least expensive unprocessed meats, for less than four percent of the cost of those meats, just using plant products basically, soya beans, other legumes, grains and so forth.

I think there would be a strong incentive for people to change their behavior. People’s food purchasing is very price sensitive.

The world is talking about thousands of billions of dollars in technology funds to combat climate change. And countries are at odds over how much we should do to curb carbon emissions.

But meat is the main cause of global warming.

Veg is the fastest way to cool our planet.

However looking to the governments alone to reduce livestock production is not enough because the food industries have a very strong influence. But we are the consumers. We have the power. When we show that we want plant-based food, they’ll change to meet the market demand.

You know, it’s very easy to do. I’m the same as anybody else. And I make it happen. And I’m strong, I'm fit. And I go to work. The biggest thing that I would say as a message, is for people to come together. We’re all brothers and sisters out here. And to help one another, and to care and to love one another.

Health

Through my medical profession, through being a surgeon, and through my involvement also with heart surgery, I have seen the consequences of a poor diet, mainly cholesterol-containing diet. And that is mainly taken in through meat. So, even my colleagues, many of them have become vegetarians, because they’ve seen their patients having suffered the consequences of the wrong diet.

There are many more people who get sick because of obesity – by eating too much and too heavy or too fatty foods and eating too much protein – than people who are skinny because of lacking nutrients. So there’s every reason to put that under the microscope.

I think they need whole grains. I think they need to exercise. They need to drink a lot of water. They need to look wherever they can eat organic foods and locally produced foods as well. You can really become a healthier person, which is healthier in mind, spirit and in body.

The objective is to keep raising awareness.

So we need to act now, both at individual levels, things that we can change in our lifestyle, and also at the level of government.

Cut out the meat! Be Veg, Go Green 2 Save the Planet!

Can we change?

What is there to lose…

…compared to what we stand to lose?

Planet Earth is our only home. It could be the end of the world as we know it. Unless everyone does his part, we cannot move away from the crisis as one.

Like it or not,

whether we choose to act or not,

we are all personally contributing to how this world unfolds.

Make the change today and preserve a future for ourselves and our children.

In the 1960s, I was a student protester, protesting... We thought we could end war. And we really did something. And everyone with the same purpose, the same belief that if enough people got together, a world of peace without war, it’s possible!

I’ve had some pretty good veggie burgers, actually. And the way things are going, they keep on coming up with these great substitutes. You have to try it anyway. And maybe there will be a paradise once again on this Earth. It's worth a try, isn’t it? Right?

So, in order to call ourselves a low-carbon or carbon-free society, we must eliminate our meat consumption because that is the number one cause, we could say that is the only cause for our climate change - that is, our meat consumption.

In fact, if we focus on shifting people to be vegetarian or vegan, it will save us much more money than green technology, and of course it’s much more effective. And I urge you, the government leaders, because our time is running out, we have to act on this now. Please explain to your co-citizens this important truth and tell them we must work together to become animal-free consumers. We have a very short time to save our planet.

We have a great planet to save. We have a great precious treasure - that is, our children - to save. And besides, the government and the people have nothing to lose by being vegan. For the environment, the absence of livestock will bring about much less pollution and less waste of water and food resources. For the citizens, there are perfectly nutritious, delicious alternatives to animal products nowadays.

We all have to be part of the solution…

in order to save our planet.

This message has been passed on to me. And I am passing it on to you.

Pass it on. Be the link.

Let our future unfold.

Children of the Earth, Hear your Mother’s plea…
Children of the Earth, Your Mother calls to thee…
You are my children, my seed
Do not forsake me, in my hour of need.

Your Mother is in pain, Can you hear her?
She is weeping so… She asks you to refrain,
To show mercy, Do you see, or no?

The killing of the animals is killing me.
The eating of the animals means eating me.
They are my children, as are you –
Will you protect them, and me too?

See the animals as your brethren,
As I see all of you as my children.

Be Veg,
Go Green
2 Save the Planet!

Thank you for your pleasant company today on Planet Earth: Our Loving Home. Coming up next is Enlightening Entertainment, after Noteworthy News. May peace and benevolence forever reign across our world.
trackback : http://suprememastertv.tv/bbs/tb.php/download/9644

Download by Subtitle

Scrolls Download
  MP3 Download

Listen Mp3Listen  Words of Wisdom
Listen Mp3Listen  Between Master and Disciples
  MP4 download for iPhone(iPod )
  Download Non Subtitle Videos
  Download by Program

A Journey through Aesthetic Realms
Animal World
Between Master and Disciples