20 basil leaves
100 grams onion
5 grams garlic
30 grams Scotch bonnet pepper
15 grams mbongo
50 grams njansang
5 grams African nutmeg
10 grams of stock seasoning cube
30 grams hiomi
1 teaspoon salt
200 milliliters vegetable oil
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and add some water, and then blend them all to become a good mixture.
- Put the pot on the stove, add in the oil, and heat it.
- Add in the slice onions into the heated pot.
- Meanwhile, put the vegetable protein in a bowl and then pour in the blended mixture into to bowl. Add in the vegetable stock cube. Mix it well.
- Rinse the blender with some water so that all the mixture left is clean, and then our them into the heated pot.
- Add in the vegetable protein mixture. Stir it well so it won’t stick to the pot. Let it cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the boiled plantains on a plate. Arrange the plantains nicely with some room in the middle.
- When the Mbongo’o is ready, add in the Mbongo’o in the the middle.
- Ready to be served.