500 grams phở noodles
300 grams straw mushrooms
6 rolls of gluten
1 thick crispy
3 onions, sliced thin, sautéed golden
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 stalk leek, crushed
Bean sprouts, parboiled
Shredded lettuceBarbeque Marinate
2 cups young coconut juice
1 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons 5-spices powder
2 teaspoons vegetarian seasoning powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
½ cup oilSoup Base
2½ liters water
- Soak the phở noodles until they are soft with a little turmeric powder.
- Rinse clean the mushroom, and then cut ½ centimeter in length.
- Slice the onions thinly and then sautéed them until golden.
- Mince 1 teaspoon of garlic.
- Finely chopped 1 stalk of leek.
- Parboiled the bean sprouts, basil, and shredded lettuce.
- To prepare the soup base, put 2 carrots, 2 jicama, ½ cabbage, and 2 chayote in 2½ liters of water.
- Boil them all.
- When the soup boils, let therm simmer for another 15 minutes so that the broth is clear and flavorful.
- Skim off the froth so the broth is clear and then add in the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, start preparing the barbeque gluten by heating some oil to a boil.
- Cut the gluten in half lenghtwise, fry them a little bit until they are golden.
- After frying a little, slice them thinly, after that fry them again to make them crispy all around.
- Put the gluten in plate, and then pre-heat another pan with cooking oil in it.
- Add in the garlic and leek, sauté them until they are evenly browned.
- Add 2 teaspoons of 5 spices seasoning powder. Stir it steadily.
- Add in 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Add 2 bowls of young coconut juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of vegetarian seasoning. Stir.
- Add in the fried gluten into the pan to marinate. Keep the heat low until the gluten has been fully saturated in the spices.
- Cook the gluten until 1 cup of the barbeque marinate left in the pan. The remaining marinate will be used when presenting the final dish by brushing some of the sauce on top to make it appetizing.
- While waiting for the gluten, heat up a pan and add in a little oil. After the oil is heated, add in the leek and sauté until it’s fragant and then add in the mushrooms, and then add in some seasonings. Stir this evenly.
- Mix in all of the barbeque gluten with mushrooms. Keep mixing it evenly.
- To prepare the noodle, put some parboiled bean sprouts into the bowl. And then add in the noodles.
- Put in the barbeque gluten and mushrooms on top.
- Put in about half a spoonful of sautéed onion and a bit of the barbeque sauce.
- Put in 2 ladles of soup broth and some crispy sesame pancake on top.
- The Yellow Noodles with Vegan Xá Xíu dish is ready to be served.
- Serve it with fresh vegetables, and or vegetarian fish sauce.