美好人,美好事

康普頓少年棒球聯盟及教練提姆‧萊維斯:幫助兒童達陣成功   

Welcome wonderful viewers to Good People, Good Works featuring an outstanding African-American baseball coach – Tim Lewis, who, along with others, successfully brought back organized youth baseball to the city of Compton, which is just south of Los Angeles, California, USA. He was also instrumental in rehabilitating an abandoned baseball field located in Compton’s Sibrie Park where he used to play the game as a child.

Tim Lewis (m): When I was growing up as a kid, we had baseball and it was a big thing. You know, this park would be packed with kids and parents, and everybody came out. It's been like 29, 30 years since we've had baseball in this park.

HOST: With the game having been long absent from the city, it was Divine inspiration that led Mr. Lewis to decide to introduce to Compton’s youth the joys of playing baseball.

Tim Lewis (m): Early in the morning, I pray, I'm meditating and I begin to think on, my days back playing baseball here, and how great it would be for the kids to play baseball here again. So you know, God kind of gave me that idea and so I went out and started trying to find out what I needed to do to get it done.

To contact Mr. Lewis, please write:Tim Lewis c/o Ms. Clotilde Sanchez 1202 W. 130th Street, Compton, CA, 90222 USA

搜尋所有節目

最熱門
 美好人,美好事 阿爾馬那拉:拿撒勒盲人與視障者的燈塔(二之一)(阿拉伯語)
 美好人,美好事 尚比亞的「愛爾蘭援助」機構:聖母療養院與烏摩約孤兒院,二之一
 美好人,美好事 聖誕禮物鞋盒計畫:發揚聖誕節的分享精神
 美好人,美好事 原民古法與寧比社區計畫:合作的精神
 美好人,美好事 哈比巴.沙拉比博士:阿富汗促進和平的省長(達利語)
 美好人,美好事 大家來看永續生活巡迴秀!
 美好人,美好事 為希望上彩:六歲的德米特里羅賽斯庫靠繪畫拯救嬰兒艾瑪
 美好人,美好事 露易絲帕斯卡爾博士:用歌曲幫助阿富汗兒童(達利語)
 美好人,美好事 「國際救濟及教堂服務」組織
 美好人,美好事 「異中求同」組織:為人們帶來和平(二集之一)