哈羅德.布朗:從養牛業者轉為動保人士(二集之一)   
第1 集 Play with windows media ( 42 MB )
第2 集 Play with windows media ( 43 MB )

Harold Brown (m): I spent most of my life in agriculture; I grew up on a cattle farm in Michigan (USA). And now I am a vegan and animal rights activist.

HOST: Compassionate viewers, welcome to Animal World: Our Co-Inhabitants. Today’s program features the first of a two-part interview with Harold Brown of the United States who grew up on a cattle farm and also worked in the dairy industry for three years.

He eventually left the farm and became an animal advocate, a promoter of plant-based agriculture, an environmentalist and a vegan. He has formed his own non-profit group called “Farm Kind” and travels across North America to talk to audiences about sustainability, veganism, kindness to animals, and his experiences
as a farmer.

Harold Brown appears in two documentaries by US director Jenny Stein – “Peaceable Kingdom” released in 2004 and the re-make released in 2009, “Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home.” The films focus on farmers who were in the animal agriculture industry, but ultimately rejected their profession because of the inhumane treatment and slaughter of animals and the severe damage to the Earth caused by livestock raising.
During childhood, Harold felt deeply disturbed by the animal cruelty occurring on his parent’s farm.

Harold Brown (m): When my brother and I, were fairly young, my grandfather had bought this dairy steer, he was a Holstein, a black and white cow to the farm.

He was big, and we named him Max.  Max, he liked being petted, and we grew attached to him. Well one day I came home from school, and, Max was gone, and I asked my grandfather, “Where's Max?”
He said “Oh we had to butcher Max.” I cried; I was so sad that they killed Max.

For more details on Farm Kind, please visit www.FarmKind.org
To learn more about “Peaceable Kingdom: The Journey Home,” please visit www.PeaceableKingdomFilm.org

相關節目

停止虐待動物 范布雷思尼科林諾:《肉品工業的危害》的作者(二集之一)
Play with windows media

造訪哥斯大黎加農夫:從酪農改種有機蔬菜(西班牙語)
Play with windows media

豬農:持純素的暢銷書作者約翰羅賓斯所著的《食物革命》節錄(三集之一)
Play with windows media

勇敢的豬農改採和平的生活方式(二集之一)
Play with windows media

停止虐待動物 終生的牢籠:母豬無盡的眼淚
Play with windows media

Meat and Global Warming:Uncovering Truths to Save the Planet