肉食的昂貴代價:全球暖化的輿論   
Play with windows media ( 36 MB )

Halo and welcome, caring viewers.
Everywhere in the world,we hear reports about global warming. We know that there are more frequent and more intensive disasters,more glaciers melting,farmers struggling with unpredictable weather patterns, and coastal residents whose homes are becoming engulfed by rising sea levels.

On September 23, 2009, the United Kingdom-based The Guardian published a first-person account of a Ugandan.

To him climate change has lately been a visible,tangible,and extremely difficult reality.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2009/sep/22/united-nations-climate-change-uganda

VO (MALE): 『UN leaders should know: climate change is destroying my village in Uganda – flooding our homes and ruining our crops…It rained and rained until all the land was soaked and our houses were submerged in the water.

This forced us to move to higher ground, where we sought refuge. By the time we came back home, all the houses had collapsed, our granaries were destroyed and food was washed away… As the ground in the village remained flooded, there were a lot of mosquitoes around, and five of my family members
became ill with malaria.

Because there was no clean water to drink, some people got cholera and diarrhoea. Many of the people in my village died. Children didn't go to school since they were too weakened by disease and their parents had no money for school fees.

Our farms were ruined, so we didn't have food until the government came to help us. This was so humiliating for us, because we had never depended on aid to survive.

This year, when we managed to get seeds to plant for our own food, we were struck by a drought like we had never seen before.』

HOST: So how do we help? Buying local to minimize the distance that food travels is a welcomed solution for many. But will it really suffice to save the planet?

In an August 2009 article published by Forbes Magazine, James E. McWilliams says it won’t help much, and is even a 『big mistake.』
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0803/opinions-energy-locavores-on-my-mind.html

相關節目

今日媒體的肯定趨勢(二集之一)
Play with windows media

媒體報導肉食與氣候變遷:升溫和飢荒的世界
Play with windows media

地球:我們可愛的家 訪問帕卓里博士:全球的警訊:肉品生產與肉食對氣候變遷的影響(二集之一)
Play with windows media

停止食用動物性產品並拯救我們的子孫

動物養殖業:事實的真相
Play with windows media

全球改採吃素會減少碳排並降低80%成本
Play with flash player

歐洲議會支持減少生產肉品,以降低溫室氣體
Play with flash player

工廠式農場:嚴重的汙染問題
Play with windows media

與清海無上師視訊會議探討氣候變遷
清海無上師談環保