email to friend  E-mail this to a Friend   If you want to add this video in your blog or on your personal home page, Please click the fallowing link to copy source code  Copy source code   Print
Play with flash player Play with windows media ( 34 MB )

Gaining time – and hope – through constructive efforts.

Throughout the ages, the spiritually developed have been able to discern the range of effects resulting from human actions. This past June, Supreme Master Ching Hai noted that worldwide sincerity and efforts to preserve the planet have borne some fruit. We were heartened to hear from Supreme Master Ching Hai further good news spoken this past Sunday in the videoconference with our Association members in the state of Washington, USA.

Supreme Master Ching Hai : We gained 3 more months now, since last time. So that means we have like 2 years and 6 months, more or less to change the global warming, to stop it, or to halt it where it is. But it’s getting warmer already, so even if we have more time, it’s not that ideal. So within these 2 years and 6 months everybody has to join into the vegetarian diet, and stop the killing, stop the harm to other people and the animals and save energies every way possible and go green wherever possible; then we still can save the planet.

VOICE: We are grateful to Supreme Master Ching Hai for her boundless love for humanity. Reassured by her guidance, we pray with optimism that our world will be a place for all to continue cherishing life and our beautiful Earthly home.

Please tune in to Supreme Master Television at a later date for the broadcast of the videoconference with Supreme Master Ching Hai, with multi-language subtitles.

Dr. Nobel urges for technology and less meat to solve climate change.

Like his great grand-uncle Alfred Nobel who founded the world-renowned Nobel Prize, Dr. Michael Nobel has expertise in areas as diverse as medicine to management consulting and satellite communications. As one who has long considered the inter-connectedness of world events, Dr. Nobel is a humanitarian and is greatly concerned about the global issue of climate change.

Dr. Michael Nobel: The Earth will survive. The question is whether we will survive who live on it.
VOICE: Along with several relatives, he founded the Nobel Charitable Trust, a foundation that encourages leadership and new technologies to reduce global warming. At an environment forum in Formosa (Taiwan) last month, Dr. Nobel spoke of some effective measures to reduce global warming. One is the shift to an animal-free diet. Supreme Master Television had a chance to meet with Dr. Nobel at his home in Stockholm, Sweden.

Dr. Michael Nobel: I don’t eat meat myself, if I can avoid it. The FAO (United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization) has come out clearly saying it’s more efficient to stop producing cattle for meat, than if everybody switched to a lower energy consuming car. And I think that this raising cattle for meat is a very, very energy inefficient method. You use enormous resources, among others, in water. Together with energy, water is going to be our next major issue. One kilo of meat requires an enormous amount of energy to produce. And we don’t need that. And we are much more healthy, by not eating meat, in my view.

VOICE: Dr. Nobel believes people will eventually have a change of heart, through the sustained efforts and protective warnings of the government.

Dr. Michael Nobel: I think the government here can also come in, making it very expensive to eat meat for example. Put on, add taxes on meat and so on. People don’t smoke in Western society as much as they did, thanks to government warnings, and peer-to-peer communications, and examples. So if there is a growing trend among people to shift towards a more healthier lifestyle including vegetarian, or at least not meat eating. I think this will naturally come by itself, yes.

VOICE: In addition to changes in action, Dr. Nobel considers the importance of another dimension in making the world a better place.

Dr. Michael Nobel: I would like to see that more people try to shift from accumulating material possessions to a more spiritual way of thinking, that they maybe concentrate more on helping others than only helping themselves. And I think that if more people could say “Hey, I want to see what I can do for others,” the world would be a much better place.

VOICE: We thank Dr. Nobel for his open mind and noble endeavors to support the actions necessary to sustain our planet. May we all join together to take a stand for humanity and our beautiful Earthly home!
http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200805/1210971032.html

Argentina’s glacier disintegrates in the midst of winter. 

For the first time in recorded history, a portion of the Perito Moreno glacier collapsed into Lake Argentino. This glacier, known as the “White Giant,” is one of Argentina’s greatest tourist attractions, featuring an 18-mile river of ice. Park wardens, who attribute the collapse to global warming, report that on Wednesday, after several days of partial disintegration, the roof of an ice tunnel completely collapsed. 

Our thanks for your diligent observations and sharing of these reports, Argentine personnel. We pray that all of humanity will come together to halt global warming and preserve our ability to live on this beautiful planet. 

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Recommended-Photos/ss/1750;_ylt=Ain6cJkZdBOr68jP_eAgP0sHcggF#photoViewer=/080707/
ids_photos_wl/r3495171939.jpg
, http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSN09392988