K-9 ONE Search & Rescue of Michigan, USA    Part 1
Part 1 Play with windows media ( 33 MB )
Part 2 Play with windows media ( 36 MB )

HOST: Search and rescue dogs serve on the frontlines locating people missing after natural disasters, lost children, injured hikers and others, being ready at a moment’s notice to bravely endure the elements and save lives.

Supreme Master Ching Hai, world renowned humanitarian, artist and spiritual teacher, speaks of her admiration and concern for these devoted canines.

Supreme Master Ching Hai: And I saw many dogs, you know, they used for rescue mission. Oh, they just walk in like nothing, but I feel so bad about them. The dogs walk in the sharp, broken glasses or anything like that. Even chemical leaking or anything, or germs or danger.

And these are precious dogs. They have been trained for years. And they even lay down their life for anyone at command.  You have to protect that dog.

HOST: To show Her loving support for search dogs and their human partners, Supreme Master Ching Hai has generously contributed more than US$100,000 to search-and-rescue teams in 21 countries, including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Ecuador, France, Iran, South Korea, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Panama, the Philippines, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, the Netherlands, the UK and the USA.

Today’s program features one of these courageous teams. K-9 ONE Search & Rescue, based in Michigan, USA, is a highly dedicated group of volunteer dogs and humans who work with police, fire departments and other emergency responders to protect human lives.

K-9 ONE Search & Rescue provides its services free-of-charge 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year.

Chris (f): We typically work under law enforcement or the fire department. Sometimes individual families may call us, but we usually defer them to law enforcement before we’re activated.

Kim(f): Hi. My name is Kim Veldheer and this is my search partner Tigger. Tigger is five and I have been in the search world here for about seven years now. And search and rescue for me is a wonderful way to give back to my community.

I consider it a community service. I enjoy helping people. And what’s even greater about what I’m doing is I can do it with my dog partner. So to do search work, it’s been a wonderful bond of communication with Tigger and I.

HOST: Some of the human members of K-9 ONE Search & Rescue have trained their dog companions specifically for missions in wilderness areas. The humans and dogs must be prepared to work in all types of weather conditions.

For more details on the K-9 ONE Search & Rescue,
please visit www.K-9ONE.org

Related Link

Nurturing Life-Saving Guardians: Los Angeles Search Dogs
Play with windows media

Canine Devotion and Dedication: The ONCE Guide Dog Foundation (In Spanish)
Play with windows media

Adopt a Dog: Oscar’s World Woof Tour
Play with flash player Play with windows media

Dr. Zareen Patel - Guardian of Doggie Angels in Pune

Shining World Compassion: The Ci Yin Yuan Dogs’ Home, A Place of Love (In Chinese)

The Jindo: Korea's Beloved National Dog (In Korean)

Stop Animal Cruelty:Chained Dogs
Play with windows media

Uno - A Happy Dog on Wheels
Play with windows media

Stop Animal Cruelty: Betrayal of Human's Best Friend
Play with windows media

This Other Language:(Cet autre Langage): A Book by Pascale Dozité & Khéops, the Dog
Play with windows media

Fabrice Nicolino, Author of “The Meat Industry Threatens Our World” 
 “Beyond 4 Degrees” Dr. David Karoly’s Assessment of Climate Change 

Climate Change Conference with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Supreme Master Ching Hai on the Environment
Videoconference with Supreme Master Ching Hai and TV staff
Lectures from International Gatherings in 2008 and 2009
Simple & Nutritious Cooking with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Breatharians
The King & Co.
Aphorisms scrolls
Award of the Month Scrolls