An Introduction to the Holy Qur'an's Plant-Based Food Hierarchy by Iranian Professor Jamshid Khodadadi - (In Persian)   
Part 1 Play with windows media ( 55 MB )
Part 2 Play with windows media ( 49 MB )

HOST : “Allah will not give mercy to anyone, except those who give mercy to other creatures. Where there is an abundance of vegetables, a host of angels will descend on that place. ”

Dignified viewers, welcome to Our Noble Lineage. In this hadith, the words of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) clearly convey the foundation of compassion for all beings on which the Islamic faith rests.

On today’s program, we’ll explore the vegetarian roots of Islam with the esteemed presence of Professor Jamshid Khodadadi from Iran.

For over 30 years, Professor Khodadadi has been involved in and accomplished much in the area of ultra-modern jet motors. He is a member of the prestigious Iranian Society of Inventors and Innovators, as well as an author of three books in nutrition and health.

In 1990, Professor Khodadadi embarked on a new career path in the area of researching human health and nutrition. He eventually founded a new therapeutic approach called “Quranic Medicine,” in which optimal human wellness can be achieved by following a plant-based diet as per the teachings of the Holy Qur’an.

Dignitaries, scientific and medical organizations, as well as universities around the world have invited Professor Khodadadi to present his studies offood befitting humanity as stated in the Qur’an. He is now in the process of publishing two books titled “Medical Wonders in the Qur’an” and “Wonders of Nutrition
in the Qur’an.”In this two part series, Professor Khodadadi discusses the human food hierarchy based on the Qur’an.

Professor Khodadadi (m): Arabic:In the Name of God, the Most Compassionate and the Most Merciful. His name is medicine, and remembering Him is healing Based on the human food hierarchy in the Qur’an, foods for humans are plant-based. And in Sura Al Baqarah (2), verse 22, we note that at the beginning
of the Qur’an, God has provided plant-based foodfor humans.

In this verse, God states: Arabic: “ [He is] the One Who has made the earth a resting place for you, and the heavens your canopy; and sent down rain from the Heavens; and brought forth therewith fruits for your sustenance.”

We see that God says he spread the earth and placed the sky above it; and poured water from the sky so that the plants grow from the soil and make harvest. So these foods are the main foods for humans.
Nineteen years ago, when I started to study the Qur’an, I pledged to comprehend the Qur’an. One of the pledges between me and God was that I said, “God, I want to eat the food that you yourself speak of.”

On May 22, 1990, I started to research the Qur’an and this verse is the one that I have used until today, and many of the wonders of Qur’an opened up to me. So we see that the sustenance God gives us is from the Heavens and earth and also from rainwater.

For more information on Professor Jamshid Khodadadi’s work, please visit
www.tebbeghorani.com

Related Link

Ananda Marga: In the Spirit of Love & Service to All Brethren
Play with flash player Play with windows media

Merciful Christian Heritage:Order of the Golden Age and Early Vegetarian Movements

Tracing Vegetarianism in the Legacy of Ancient Greece (In Greek)

Ahimsa and the Karmaless Traditions of Jainism (In Hindi)

Remembering Our True Nature: Lao Tzu and Taoism - (In Chinese)

Emanuel Swedenborg and Swedenborgianism: The Spiritual Church of Our Connected Souls (In Swedish)

International Society for Krishna Consciousness: Ahimsa and the Elevation of All Life

Bahá’í Faith and the Declaration of the Báb

With God's Love,Christian Vegetarian Association

The Future of Education: Consciousness - Based Learning at Maharishi University & Schools

Humans are Herbivores: Dr. William Clifford Roberts 
 Haeinsa Temple and the Tripitaka Koreana (In Korean) 

Climate Change Conference with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Supreme Master Ching Hai on the Environment
Videoconference with Supreme Master Ching Hai and TV staff
Lectures from International Gatherings in 2008 and 2009
Simple & Nutritious Cooking with Supreme Master Ching Hai
Breatharians
The King & Co.
Aphorisms scrolls
Award of the Month Scrolls
Constructive Scrolls
Peace & Freedom Scrolls
Supreme Master Ching Hai's Aphorisms