email to friend  친구에게 보내기   이 비디오를 개인 홈페이지나 블로그에 게시하시려면 다음 버튼을 눌러 동영상 소스를 복사하세요.  동영상 소스 복사   프린트
Play with flash player Play with windows media

호주 지도자들이 칭하이 무상사로부터 상을 받습니다.

호주의 물 부족 장기화와 축산으로 인한 높은 메탄 가스 배출량에 대응해 두 명의 호주 지도자들이 변화를 위해 용기 있게 행동해 왔습니다. 호주 퀸즐랜드 출신의 전 상원 의원인 앤드류 바틀렛과 주의회 의원인 인도루필리 로난 리가 그 주인공입니다.

수프림 마스터 TV: 귀하는 육류소비와 환경, 온실 가스 오염간의 관계를 오염간의 관계를 말해왔으며, 모든 호주인들에게 채식으로 속히 전환할 것을 요구했습니다. 그런 용감한 지도력을 발휘해…

칭하이 무상사로부터 바틀렛 상원 의원은 빛나는 세계 지도자 상을 로난 리 의원은 빛나는 세계 영웅상을 받았습니다.

수프림 마스터 TV: 용기 있게 채식을 장려하고 소중한 수자원 보존을 자비롭게 증진하여 전 지구 생명체의 더 고귀한 미래의 길을 밝힌 공로를 인정하여 칭하이 무상사를 대신해 귀하께 빛나는 세계 지도자상을 수여합니다.

앤드류 바틀렛 상원의원: 정말 감동적입니다. 대단히 감사드립니다.

로난 리, 인도루필리 주의회 의원: 먼저 감사드립니다. 뒤돌아보는 좋은 시간이었습니다.

채식주의자인 이들은 육식 감소가 지구 온난화를 막기 위한 주요 해결책이란 걸 의회에서 공개적으로 인정한 최초의 의원들입니다.

앤드류 바틀렛 상원의원: 그 이면에 과학의 명백성이 있습니다. 전 오랫동안 동물의 권리 신장에 노력해 왔는데 그게 사람들이 식단에서 동물성 제품을 덜 쓰는 이유 중 하나입니다. 환경적 논의도 마찬가지로 중요한데 온실가스 배출에서 그렇게 중요한 요소가 사회적으로 정치적으로 다루기 힘들다는 이유로 그저 무시되고 있습니다.

로난 리, 인도루필리 주의회 의원: 한 사람의 발언으로 큰 변화가 생기진 않지만 사람들에게 생각할 여지를 주는 건 확실합니다. 그들은 자신의 식품 소비에 대해 생각하기 시작했죠. 동료들 사이에서 변화가 일어나고 식품에 대한 주정부의 방침도 바뀌고 있습니다. 현재 주 정부는 『저탄소 식사』를 추천하고 있지요.

상패와 더불어 두 지도자들은 칭하이 무상사의 베스트셀러 1위 도서 『내 인생의 개들』,『내 인생의 새들』,『고귀한 야생』을 선물로 받았습니다. 바틀렛 씨와 리 씨의 용감하고 고귀한 지도력에 갈채를 보냅니다. 그 노력과 귀감이 호주와 세계의 지도자들과 시민들을 계속 밝은 빛으로 인도하길 바랍니다. 

Australian leaders receive Awards from Supreme Master Ching Hai.

In response to Australia’s prolonged water shortage and high levels of methane emissions from livestock, two Australian leaders have been working courageously to make a difference. They are former Senator Andrew Bartlett and State Parliament Member for Indooroopilly Ronan Lee, both from Queensland, Australia.

SupremeMasterTV to Sen. Bartlett: “You spoke up about the link between meat consumption and environmental and greenhouse pollution, and called on all Australians to urgently change to a plant-based diet. For displaying such fearless leadership…”

VOICE: Senator Bartlett received the Shining World Leadership Award, and Parliament Member Ronan Lee received the Shining World Hero Award from Supreme Master Ching Hai.

SupremeMasterTV to MP Lee: In recognition of courageously promoting the vegetarian diet, compassionately advancing conservation for our precious water resources, lighting the way to a nobler future for all of Earth’s inhabitants.

SupremeMasterTV  to Sen. Bartlett: On behalf of Supreme Master Ching Hai, I wish to present you the Shining World Leadership Award.

Andrew Bartlett – Senator (1997-2008), Queensland Australia, (Vegan) (M): Very impressive. Thank you very much for that.

Ronan Lee – State Parliament Member for Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia (Vegetarian) (M): The first thing to say is thank you. It’s a humbling experience.

VOICE: Both vegetarians themselves, the two were the first in their assemblies to publicly recognize that reducing meat consumption is a major solution to curb global warming.

Senator Andrew Bartlett (M): It’s just the undeniability of the science behind it. I’ve long promoted the animal rights approach, and that’s one justification for people having less animal products in their diet. The environmental argument is equally compelling. Such a significant component of greenhouse emissions was just being ignored because it’s socially or politically awkward.

For more information on Mr. Andrew Bartlett, please visit: andrewbartlett.com

Ronan Lee – State Parliament Member for Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia (M): In no way would I consider that one speech made a huge difference, but clearly one speech got people thinking. People started to think about their consumption of food. And I’m noticing it among my colleagues, but also I’m noticing that there’s been a change in State government strategy on food. The State government now endorses what’s called the “Low Carbon Diet.”

For more information on Ronan Lee MP, please visit: www.ronanleemp.com

VOICE: Along with the award plaque, the two leaders received gifts including Supreme Master Ching Hai’s #1 international bestselling books, “The Dogs in My Life,” “The Birds in My Life,” and “The Noble Wilds.” We applaud the brave and noble leadership of our heroes Mr. Bartlett and Mr. Lee. May your endeavors and personal examples continue to be a shining light for leaders and co-citizens of Australia and the world.